The INSIDER Summary:
- While viral foods are undeniably eye-catching, some of them fall short of their hype.
- An associate producer at INSIDER who eats viral foods for a living, Herrine Ro knows this better than anyone.
- On Thursday, Herrine took to Reddit for an AMA about her job.
- So far, her favorite viral food is Benny Tudino's giant pizza in Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Rainbow- and unicorn-themed foods, on the other hand, tend to taste "terrible."
But if you're planning a trip just to try one of these foods, you should probably know that some of them fall short of their hype. Just ask Herrine Ro, an associate producer at INSIDER who eats viral foods for a living.
On Thursday, Herrine took to Reddit to answer questions about her job and INSIDER's new video series, "The Great Cheese Hunt." During her AMA, Reddit user chlo907 asked, "Which 'viral food' that you've tried actually lived up to the hype and tasted really good?"
"[It's] basically the best slice I've ever eaten," Herrine explained on Reddit. And despite what you may think, the restaurant is in Hoboken, New Jersey, not New York. "Benny Tudino's giant pizza is basically the best slice I've ever eaten," she wrote. "I frequent the place a lot."
INSIDER first tried the famous slice in February, earlier this year. If you're adding Benny Tudino's to your list of must-try foods, expect to see pies that weigh an estimated five pounds and measure about 32 inches in diameter. Finish an entire pizza by yourself, however, and you'll get the entire thing for free.
Take a closer look at how Benny Tudino's makes its iconic ooey-gooey pizzas in INSIDER's video below.
SEE ALSO: 50 foods you need to eat this year
FOLLOW US: INSIDER is on Facebook